- Category: General
Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) thinks the Founding Fathers would have approved of ObamaCare. Yes, seriously. Here's video proof:
All I can say to this is, wow. I'm pretty sure the Founding Fathers wouldn't have approved of a system that shoehorns people into a government-run health care program that taxes them if they refuse to comply. Actually, I'm pretty sure they set a system in place to prevent this type of crap.
- Category: General
Have you ever wondered what Senators talk about when they think the microphones are turned off? Well, listen to this shocking recording that might give you a behind-the-scenes look:
According to the person who uploaded the video to YouTube.com, this video possibly features NJ State Senators mocking gun owners and talking about confiscation of firearms. An article by the Star-Ledger states the exchange in the recording appears to be between Democrats Loretta Weinberg, Sandra Cunningham and Linda Greenstein.
The audio is a bit garbled at times, but here are a handful of statements apparently made in the video:
"We needed a bill that was going to . . . CONFISCATE. CONFISCATE. CONFISCATE."
"They want to keep the guns out of the hands of the bad guys, but they don't have any regulations to do it."
"They don't care about the bad guys. All they want to do is have their little guns and do whatever they want with them."
The next time a gun-grabbing liberal tries to tell you the government doesn't want your guns, point them in the direction of this video.
- Category: General
A middle school in Silver Spring rewards students who get straight A's with a dance and a pizza party. The party begins during the last class period of the day for students with straight A's. They get to leave class early and head over to the party to enjoy a pizza lunch and a live DJ with other straight A students.
Students who get B's and C's are allowed to go to the dance once school gets out, while students with D's and F's aren't allowed to go at all.
This has led some parents to question the rewards system, with the parents of the excluded children calling the system unfair. Parents have complained about the requirement for straight A's and claim the program is divisive and exclusionary. The principal at the school is unapologetic, going on record as stating "It's an incentive to keep up the good work."
I'm having a tough time seeing anything wrong with rewarding hard work on the part of the students. A pizza party and dance for the students who got good grades shouldn't be viewed as unfair by the parents of students who get bad grades. It should be seen as incentive for their kids to work harder and get better grades.
If one of my kids had bad grades and didn't get invited to a party at school because of it, I wouldn't grouse and complain about how the school isn't acting in my child's best interest. I'd tell my kid to get his or her butt in gear and start working harder if he or she wants to go to the next party.
When I read the whining from the parents, I couldn't help but picture pansy liberals who cry themselves to sleep at night over how unfair the world is. God forbid their child doesn't get to go to a dance because their child didn't get good enough grades.
Life isn't fair. Handling middle school kids with white gloves doesn't prepare them for the shock of real life that's only 5 to 7 years away. Hard work gets rewarded and the sooner they learn that, the better.
- Category: War and Peace
While the media was busy tarring and feathering Chris Christie for shutting down a few lanes on a bridge, they almost completely ignored newly declassified information about the Benghazi attack that left four American citizens dead. The new information reveals that, while U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice was reluctant to call the attack a terrorist attack in the aftermath of the attack, Defense Department officials knew within 15 minutes the consulate was under terrorist attack.
General Carter Ham called it how he saw it. Here's part of his statement from the newly declassified transcript of the 2013 hearing:
"When we saw a rocket-propelled grenade attack, what appeared to be pretty well aimed small arms fire — again, this is all coming second and third hand through unclassified, you know, commercial cellphones for the most part initially. To me, it started to become clear pretty quickly that this was certainly a terrorist attack and not just not something sporadic."
Let that sink in for a moment. General Ham just confirmed that officials knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack. He also stated a surveillance drone was diverted to Benghazi within minutes of the attack, so officials likely had a live feed of what was going on there.
Don't sit on the edge of your seat waiting for this one to blow up the airwaves...
- Category: General
The next time a smug liberal loudly proclaims "The government doesn't want your guns!" in response to a gun control argument, point them in the direction of this article, written by a lieutenant colonel in the United States Army:
Reading the article sent chills down my spine, as the officer calls for strict gun control and states he will "pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers" and that he is "willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes."
Here are the gun control "recommendations" put forth by Lieutenant Colonel Robert L. Bateman:
"1. The only guns permitted will be the following:
- a. Smoothbore or Rifled muzzle-loading blackpowder muskets. No 7-11 in history has ever been held up with one of these.
- b. Double-barrel breech-loading shotguns. Hunting with these is valid.
- c. Bolt-action rifles with a magazine capacity no greater than five rounds. Like I said, hunting is valid. But if you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place.
2. We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers. That is because I am willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes. Guns, except for the three approved categories, cannot be inherited. When you die your weapons must be turned into the local police department, which will then destroy them. (Weapons of historical significance will be de-milled, but may be preserved.)
3. Police departments are no longer allowed to sell or auction weapons used in crimes after the cases have been closed. (That will piss off some cops, since they really need this money. But you know what they need more? Less violence and death. By continuing the process of weapon recirculation, they are only making their jobs -- or the jobs of some other cops -- harder.)
4. We will submit a new tax on ammunition. In the first two years it will be 400 percent of the current retail cost of that type of ammunition. (Exemptions for the ammo used by the approved weapons.) Thereafter it will increase by 20 percent per year.
5. We will initiate a nationwide "buy-back" program, effective immediately, with the payouts coming from the DoD budget. This buy-back program will start purchasing weapons at 200 percent of their face value the first year, 150 percent the second year, 100 percent the third year. Thereafter there will be a 10 year pause, at which point the guns can be sold to the government at 10 percent of their value for the next 50 years.
6. The major gun manufactures of the United States, less those who create weapons for the federal government and the armed forces, will be bought out by the United States of America, for our own damned good."
I think it's pretty clear...He wants all of your handguns, all shotguns except those of the double-barrel breech-loading variety and all rifles that are semiautomatic or hold more than 5 rounds.The sad reality is this would solve absolutely nothing. It does nothing to take illegal guns off the streets and would only result in making criminals out of currently law-abiding citizens.